Senior Assurance Manager – Audit
Buckberger Baerg & Partners LLP is a local Accounting firm of experienced professionals with a rapidly growing team providing assurance, tax, consulting and advisory services across Saskatchewan and Western Canada. We are currently seeking an experienced CPA – Sr. Assurance Manager – Audit to become an integral part of our team.
A Senior Assurance Manager – Audit at the Firm will play an important role in delivering outstanding client services to our broad client group and for assisting with the growth and development of our talented staff. The Senior Assurance Manager – Audit is expected to uphold ethical principles and conduct themselves professionally. Acting with integrity, the Senior Assurance Manager – Audit will establish close working relationships with our clients, staff and partners to continuously deliver high quality service in accordance to the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), government legislation and Firm Standards.
Education and Experience
- CPA Designation
- Extensive experience with the Canadian Auditing Standards (CAS)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant post designation work experience using: International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE), and Accounting standards for Not for Profit Organizations (ASPNPO). Preference will be given to IFRS experienced candidates
- Minimum 4 years of recent experience working as an auditor for a public accounting firm
- Minimum 1 year of experience working as an auditor manager is an asset
- Holds or has the ability to obtain a Comprehensive License
- Public Accounting firm experience is a requirement
Success with Integrity – We will be honest and forthright in our quest to achieve happiness, balance and fulfillment.
Service with Innovation – We will use new ideas, technology, and methods to deliver flexible service.
- Demonstrate superior ethical behaviour and professionalism
- Self-motivated and conscientious
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Able to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Well-developed leadership and delegating skills
- Highly focused on client service
- Excellent project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of proposal writing
- Flexible and adaptable
- Solution orientated
- Ability to coach, mentor and lead audit team
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
This job description does not deal with every situation that may arise during employment. It is intended to reflect the core responsibilities and tasks of employment with the Firm.
Detailed duties will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with client throughout the year
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage the Audit process and develop a strategy with appropriate consideration of Canadian Auditing Standards
- Demonstrate expertise in IFRS and ASPE accounting frameworks and related financial reporting matters
- Collaborate with various departments to plan engagement objectives and an audit strategy that complies with professional standards and appropriately addresses risk
- Proven experience of understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts and applying them to client situations.
- Applying strategies and creating proposals for delivery of profitable services while maintaining exceptional quality
- Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving
- Understand the client’s industry and recognize their performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments
- Stay informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the client
- Adapt the audit approach to the changing client environment.
- Work in partnership with colleagues and various departments to deliver exceptional client service
- Assist in the planning and scope of all assurance and compilation engagements
- Responsible for completion of all audit files ensuring a high quality of work completed
- Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team
- Coach, mentor and develop direct reports through goal-setting, providing guidance, regular and timely feedback, and learning opportunities for professional development
- Establish expectations of value to be delivered.
- Continuously expand and update professional knowledge and skills to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity
- Participate in the training of staff
CPA Line Manager
- Model the values of the CPA profession
- Responsible for the direct supervision of assurance/audit assignments
- Ensure staff are given all of the information required to complete the assurance/audit projects in conjunction with orientation and training
- Review of assurance/audit areas of student work throughout the articling period
- Keep current on professional standards to ensure they are always adhered to
- Attend seminars and conferences
- Continuously work to improve written and oral communication
- Perform and complete other accounting-related duties as required
- Positively represent the firm in the community in actions and participation in events, committees, organizations etc. that are of interest to you
- Your ability to carry out these duties and others that may be assigned from time to time will be considered as part of your annual performance assessment.
Please apply, in confidence, with cover letter, resume and three (3) references
Buckberger Baerg & Partners LLP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.