Are you an enthusiastic, confident and experienced professional with amazing attention to detail? Then consider joining our talented Bookkeeping Team!
Buckberger Baerg & Partners LLP is a local firm of experienced professionals with a rapidly growing team providing assurance, tax, consulting and advisory services across Saskatchewan and Western Canada. We are currently seeking an experienced individual to become an integral part of our team, in our Saskatoon office, as a Senior Bookkeeper.
Please Note: This position is NOT for future CPA candidates.
Under the direction of the Manager of Bookkeeping, the Senior Bookkeeper will perform monthly and year-end bookkeeping duties, including but not limited to, data entry, CRA filings and various other business services. The Senior Bookkeeper will work collaboratively with others as well as independently to provide superior client services and timely work at the Firm.
Education and Experience
- Accounting Diploma or Certificate
- Strong skills in MS Office and accounting software (SAGE, Quickbooks)
- Success with Integrity – We will be honest and forthright in our quest to achieve happiness, balance and wealth.
- Service with Innovation – We will use new ideas, technology, and methods to deliver flexible service.
- Advanced bookkeeping practices
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Able to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Experience in Caseware, Quickbooks Online, Xero, or HubDoc, considered an asset
- Payroll experience is a requirement
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
This job description does not deal with every situation that may arise during employment. It is intended to reflect the core responsibilities and tasks of employment with the Firm.
Detailed duties will include but are not limited to:
- Process development for new bookkeeping jobs
- Data entry for complicated bookkeeping jobs
- Review of bookkeeping jobs: monthly, quarterly, annually
- Set up of new bookkeeping projects (includes everything that goes with the project; returns, etc.) via internal software.
- Correspondence with clients on behalf of the bookkeepers
- Correspondence with Managers on projects that come through directly to the bookkeeping team. Relay time budget
- Overseeing the completing of bookkeeping jobs to the preparation of year-end stage
- Overall mentorship for the bookkeeping team
- Support for bookkeepers on bookkeeping jobs
- Clean up of complicated client prepared bookkeeping
- Clean up of GST accounts if had not previously been set up properly
- Review of GST, PST and LCT returns
- Review of Payroll and ROEs
- Review of T4 slips
- Performing other duties, from time to time, as requested
- Completing other accounting-related duties as required
- Positively representing the firm in the community in actions and participation in events, committees, organizations etc. that are of interest to you
- On occasion this position may require some overtime
Your ability to carry out these duties and others that may be assigned from time to time will be considered as part of your annual performance assessment.
Buckberger Baerg & Partners LLP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saskatoon, SK: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bookkeeping: 4 years (required)
- QuickBooks/Accounting Software: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person