Bookkeeper – Agriculture/Farm
Are you an enthusiastic, confident and experienced professional with amazing attention to detail and Agricultural/farming background? Then consider joining our talented Agricultural (Ag) Bookkeeping Team!
Buckberger Baerg & Partners LLP is a local firm of experienced professionals with a rapidly growing team providing assurance, tax, consulting and advisory services across Saskatchewan and Western Canada. We are currently seeking an individual to become an integral part of our team, in our Saskatoon office, as an Ag Bookkeeper.
******Please Note: This position is NOT for future CPA candidates*******
Under the direction of the Ag Team Managers, the Ag Bookkeeper will perform monthly and year-end bookkeeping duties, including but not limited to, data entry, CRA filings and various other business services for our agriculture clients. The Ag Bookkeeper will work collaboratively with others as well as independently to provide superior client services and timely work at the Firm.
Education and Experience
- Accounting Diploma or Certificate
- Strong skills in MS Office and accounting software (SAGE, Quickbooks)
- Agricultural/ Farming Background
- Success with Integrity – We will be honest and forthright in our quest to achieve happiness, balance and wealth.
- Service with Innovation – We will use new ideas, technology, and methods to deliver flexible service.
- Intermediate to Advanced bookkeeping practices
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Able to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Experience in Caseware, Quickbooks Online, Xero, or HubDoc, considered an asset
- Knowledge/Experience in Agristability is an asset and will be given preference.
- Payroll experience or knowledge is preferable
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
This job description does not deal with every situation that may arise during employment. It is intended to reflect the core responsibilities and tasks of employment with the Firm.
Detailed duties will include but are not limited to:
- Performing initial tasks on a file Monthly and year-end bookkeeping
- Preparation of client working papers Monitoring and managing engagements efficiently and effectively by meeting budget and reporting deadlines
- Correspondence with CRA including confirmation of account balances and changes to client CRA accounts
- Arrange contact and meetings with the client to determine timing of work on a case-by-case basis
- Preparing various tax compliance slips and forms including T4s, T5s, GST/PST returns and other CRA and provincial filings
- Providing support to clients to find solutions to accounting-related problems and with general questions regarding bookkeeping issues on a case-by-case basis
- Conducting bookkeeping, purchasing, and accounting for clients
- Assist client with accounts, maintain ledgers, prepare financial statements and reports, reconcile bank accounts and reporting on accounts payable and receivable
- Keep the client informed as to the balances of internal accounts
- Conduct invoice activities for clients
- Assist clients with payroll, GST and PST compliance, LCT and ROE’s.
- Support clients with the creation of business accounting systems Reconciling, compiling, and tracking financial information in order to maintain an accurate balance for a given accounting period
- Preparing responses to client correspondence containing inquiries (i.e., copies of statements, tax returns, etc.)
- Input year-end entries into client software
- Providing weekly updates on project progress and billing processing to Bookkeeping Supervisor to ensure that all work is completed on a timely basis
- Updating projects continually, ensuring that budgets are complete and that accurate deadlines are put into Practice and working with Workflow Administrator
- Compiling data and prepare papers for consideration and presentation to partners
- Effectively provide recommendations to the Bookkeeping pool regarding internal processes that are more efficient
- Continuously expand and update professional knowledge and skills to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity
- Performing other duties, from time to time, as requested
- Completing other accounting-related duties as required
- Positively representing the firm in the community in actions and participation in events, committees, organizations etc. that are of interest to you
- On occasion this position may require some overtime
Your ability to carry out these duties and others that may be assigned from time to time will be considered as part of your annual performance assessment.
Buckberger Baerg & Partners LLP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.