Billing & Accounts Receivable Clerk
Buckberger Baerg & Partners LLP is a local firm of experienced professionals with a rapidly growing team providing assurance, tax, consulting and advisory services across Saskatchewan and Western Canada. We are currently seeking an experienced individual to become an integral part of our team, in our Saskatoon office, as Billing & Accounts Receivable Clerk.
Success with Integrity – We will be honest and forthright in our quest to achieve happiness, balance and fulfillment
Service with Innovation – We will use new ideas, technology, and methods to deliver flexible service
The Billing and Accounts Receivable (A/R) Clerk is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties for invoice preparation and accounts receivable. This individual will collaborate with the Financial Controller to maintain client accounts including administering adjustments, refunds, and any other accounting transactions related to A/R and billing management as well as maintain collection goals and general A/R performance levels. This position involves considerable interaction with both internal and external clients to provide billing information and support in order to facilitate swift payment of invoices due to the organization.
Education and Experience
- Computer skills and high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Diploma in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years direct experience in an A/R capacity
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written
- Customer service orientation
- Able to multi-task, organize, plan and prioritize work
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines
- High standards of ethics, confidentiality and reliability and a high level of moral judgement for handling confidential information and monetary transactions
- Able to gather data, compile proper information and prepare financial reports.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible to accommodate daily demands
- Excellent teamwork and team-building skills.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Able to perform moderate to complex account reconciliations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
This position description does not deal with every situation that may arise during employment. It is intended to reflect the core responsibilities and tasks of employment with the Firm. Additional duties will be assigned from time to time.
Detailed duties will include but are not limited to:
- Compile data, calculate fees and charges, and prepare invoices for billing purposes.
- Preparing bank deposits including posting and reconciling customer payments.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to billing records.
- Prepare and distribute accounts receivable reporting as required.
- Issue reminder and final notice statements to clients.
- Contact clients to follow up on outstanding accounts.
- Make arrangements for payment of outstanding and late accounts and advise customers on corporate A/R policies and procedures.
- Respond to client inquiries regarding their accounts and respond to requests for information including monitoring of relevant email inboxes.
- Communicate with outside collection agency as necessary.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied transactions.
- Preparation of monthly employee expense reports.
- Assist Controller with other finance related duties as assigned.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its customers.
- Performing other duties as requested by individual partners or supervisors
- Other administrative duties, as assigned
- Positively represent the firm in the community in actions and participation in events, committees, organizations etc. that are of interest to you
Salary will commensurate with education, experience and job performance. We offer a generous benefits package, retirement savings plan, and a health care spending account.
Buckberger Baerg & Partners LLP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saskatoon, SK S7H 0J6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Accounts receivable: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person